Saturday, February 4, 2012

FREE PATTERN: Dewdrops Scarf



I fell in love with this woven, glittery yarn with sequins from Michaels...called Dewdrops by Loops & Threads.
I knew I wanted a "me" project, so, I made a scarf.

And...now, you can too!!!

Materials: 

Size N hook
2 skeins of Loops & Threads DewDrops yarn (or 145 yds of  5 or 6 lofty Bulky yarn)
Blunt needle

The pattern:

With N hook, ch 131.

1. Work 1 sc in the first stitch and each stitch across. Ch 2. turn. (130 sc)

2. Working in Back Loops Only (BLO) work 1 dc in the first stitch. Work 1 dc in each of the next 4 stitches. *Working in BOTH loops, skip the next stitch, dc in the next stitch. dc in the skipped stitch.* Repeat from * to * until 5 stitches remain. Working in BLO, work 1 dc in each of the last 5 stitches. Ch 1. Turn.

3. Working in BLO, work 1 sc in the first stitch and each of the next 4 stitches. Working in BOTH loops, work 1 sc in each of the next 120 stitches. Working in BLO, work 1 sc in each of the last 5 stitches.

4. Repeat Row 2.

5. Repeat Row 3. Fasten off, weave in ends.

I used the little remaining yarn and added short fringe to mine...this, of course, is optional.

**on a side note....short gripe...as a Pattern Designer, I choose to offer the occasional FREE pattern out of appreciation to all my customers & visitors. With over 30,000 visitors a month, sometimes it hurts to see not even ONE thank you......end of gripe**



19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for another wonderful pattern! I haven't seen this yarn yet, but I hope to pick some up! In the mean time I'll have to see what is in my stash and try one out! I also want to thank you for your Basic Slouchy Hat pattern. I made one for myself and loved it so much that I made several more for Christmas presents! It's fabulous! It's a shame that we forget to thank the people that give us these wonderful designs. Too often people only remember to gripe about problems they find with a pattern, even if it's free! Thanks again and keep the creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up a skein of this yarn not knowing what to do with it. Now I know!! Guess I'll go get another one so I can do this. Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Dewdrops Scarf is beautiful! It works up really fast, and I love the yarn. This was only my second crochet project (beginner!) and I found it very easy to follow. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern! Will try to find the yarn. Thank you so much for sharing this pattern with us.
    Can't wait to see the finished product on my own.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your page today, and want to say THANK YOU!!!!! Your patterns are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the pattern. just purchased this yarn today at michaels....it is sooo pretty to make a scarf..thanx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, the way I am reading the pattern the blos are just the beginning and end on both of the 2 rows...thanks for a reply

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much, I am new to crochet, I can't wait to get good to buy some of your more complicated patterns, thank you for sharing you giftedness

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the pattern repeat fir row 2, I do not understand what is meant by dc in skipped stitch... If I skipped a stitch, made a dc, then how can I go back and dc in that skipped stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I just found you! I am a newbie and definately appreciate the free patterns! Thank you! dotb in mo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same question. If u skip a stitch make a DC, how do u go back and DC in the skipped stitch? After #1 do u chain and turn? I'm new to crotcheting, and I love e challenge and this scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for a great scarf pattern just finished one and I am going to add the short fringe like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so very much for the free pattern. I've bought some of your other patters and they are gorgeous! You do beautiful designing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome & easy pattern!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    I am the owner of crochetpatternbonanza(.)com, a free crochet pattern directory. Just wanted to let you know that I’m updating my website and wanted to make sure that I have your permission to use your images for linking back to your free crochet patterns and/or tutorials.

    You can find more information on this page: http://crochetpatternbonanza.com/submit-your-links.html

    Thank you so much for your time and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Rhelena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for each of your free patterns -- I especially love this one and the mobius headband. I, too, enjoy being inspired by yarns and, in my case, fabrics, to start a project. This one will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janet Feb 6 2014 at 11:30pm

    Love this pattern and works up so nicely with the dewdrop yarn. It was a quick project. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete